-----Google Analytics Code Start----> <-----Google Analytics Code Close---->
|Receive Email for New Articles|
|OA Framework Training Tutorials 04||| Print ||
|Written by Anil Passi|
|Thursday, 12 July 2007|
In this tutorial, we will see how a record in a table can be modified using OA Framework screen.
The video tutorial will be followed by the instructions to deploy these set of Tutorials on Oracle EBS.
Following change will be done to the screen in previous tutorial
1. Add a Link for update to the search result.
This link will fire an action named updatePerson.
Also, this link will pass a parameter named paramPersonId to the pageContext of Controller Class.
2. When this link is clicked, then processFormRequest(PFR) of the controller will be called in the main page.
3. From the PFR of CO, call another screen named managePersonPG, by retaining the AM.
Note:- this is the same screen that we called for insert/creation functionality in previous tutorial.
4. The navigation now moves to managePersonPG screen, and the Controller method processRequest of managePerson screen will now be called. Note:- Remember that processRequest is called as just prior to the page renders/displays in browser.
5. In processRequest of managePersonPG screen, we will initiate an executeQuery on the viewObject, after setting its where clause.
The result of this action is to make the record being updated to be queried automatically.
6. On managePerson screen, a button named apply changes will be available.
7. After modifying data, user will click apply now, hence invoking processFormRequest.
From processFormRequest, we will call a method in AM, that will commit the transaction.
8. We navigate back to the mainPage i.e. xxPersonMainPG
When a commit takes place, how does OA Framework know whether an insert or update must be done?
When the record being queried is changed by user, that will change the status of the record to dirty.
Hence when commit takes place, Framework will know an update is required rather than an insert.
What are the steps in tutorial?
1. Create a link for update. In the mainPage's CO, inside PFR, handle the click of update Person.
Call managePerson page, passing it parameter named xxParamPersonId[of record being updated] and xxParamActionOnPerson[=updatePerson, from fireAction property]
2. Set a new controller for this new page
In PR(processRequest) of the managePersonCO, call an AM method to query the PersonId being updated.
Note:-in previous tutorial, we added a button, and program for PFR in new controller, so that commit can be initiated via AM. This commit button is retained as is for this tutorial
3. Redirect back to the original main page, once the commit has taken place
6. Test this
CLICK HERE TO VIEW THE VIDEO LINK OF THIS TUTORIAL
Click here to download the source code for Tutorial 1,2,3,4
The project can be deployed to Oracle EBS, by implementing instructions below.
written by Prashanth , August 22, 2007
written by shohel ahmed , September 19, 2007
written by shohel ahmed , September 20, 2007
written by Swapnil Srivastava , September 25, 2007
written by shobhit , October 10, 2007
written by dks , February 14, 2008